Saturday, April 11, 2009

Resurrection Sunday

Resurrection Sunday is always a special day to me. As I think of the ultimate price Christ paid on the cross of Calvary. I rejoice ' He Lives' and as the song says “I know He lives. He lives within my heart. “ Thirty five years ago on April the second became my spiritual birthday. That is when He became my Savior. I am thankful that I became part of His family and 'He Included Me'.
Wayne's poem



Christ Lives
It was early in the morning
that to His tomb they would arrive,
Not thinking at all their
Lord was alive.



They carried spices with them there
So heavy in heart, and much sorrow to bear.
And so as they came at the dawn of the day,
two angels stood there,
and rolled the stone away.



And this was their message,
“Fear not, don't be sad.”
“Christ He is risen,"
“Rejoice and be glad!”



Now go tell the others
that they might come and see
That the grave could not hold Him,
For He has been set free.



And this is the hope we still have today,
For death has been conquered,
And Christ is the way.



He lives still today
this truth we proclaim.
So accept Him by faith,
And believe on his name.
©1998 Wayne Jackson

2 comments:

  1. Vicki,
    What beautiful truths are penned in this poem! Thank you for sharing it. I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Vicki! I dropped by from Miss Sandy's. Welcome, as you begin your blog. You have a beautiful place, and your love for the Lord shines through it! Many blessings to you!

    In Christ's Love,

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete